You Will Learn:
- The history of e-commerce and what it means not only for the retail landscape but for society as a whole.
- How to navigate and use the most widely-used online retailers when buying goods and services.
- How to sell products and services online – whatever you want to sell, there is an online platform to meet your needs.
- Why your business may benefit from an online store, and how to set up a shop that will boost your revenue.
- The advantages of running an internet-based business, and practical considerations to bear in mind when starting out.
- How online sellers make money by promoting other people’s products and services, and how you can generate income as an affiliate marketer.
- How businesses use internet-based advertising to promote their products and services online.
- How to offer freelance services via the internet, and how to work with online freelancers.
- How to keep yourself safe when buying and selling online.
- The future of e-commerce, and the trends that look set to continue in the coming years.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will learn how individuals and businesses use the internet as a means of exchanging money, goods and services.
- You will know how to find the best deals online, and how to shop safely and securely.
- You will discover how to sell your own products and services online, and how to supplement income from a bricks-and-mortar business with e-commerce.
- Your knowledge will stand you in good stead for business roles that demand modern commercial awareness.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: An Introduction To E-Commerce
- Module 2: The Most Popular Platforms For Buying & Selling Material Goods
- Module 3: The Most Popular Platforms For Buying & Selling Digital Goods & Services
- Module 4: How To Find The Best Deals Online
- Module 5: Creating An Internet Store For Your Business
- Module 6: How To Promote Products & Services Online Via Advertising
- Module 7: Selling Other People’s Products & Services Via Affiliate Marketing
- Module 8: Buying & Selling Freelance Work Online
- Module 9: Security & Safety Issues To Consider When Buying & Selling Online
- Module 10: Current & Future Trends In E-Commerce
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers